Desperate Journeys is coming to Royal Victoria Place in Tunbridge Wells, from mid-February to the end of March 2019.
‘Everyone should experience it’
‘You have definitely opened my eyes to this crisis’
‘An experience that will surely stay with me forever’
‘An inspired, thought-provoking experience’
The saying goes, “to understand another person, you must first walk a mile in their shoes.”
Desperate Journeys is a powerful immersive experience, designed by Empathy Action to increase people’s understanding of the global refugee crisis and build empathy with the 25.4 million refugees living in our world today.
Each ‘Journey’ can be made by up to 30 people at a time and lasts approximately 90 minutes, (there is also a 60 minute ‘Story’ version) including a reflective discussion at the end. Journeys will take place at set times during the opening hours of Royal Victoria Place, throughout the week and at weekends. We are offering the experience to schools, community groups, charities and businesses…in fact everyone who is interested! Our aim is to involve as many Tunbridge Wells people as possible, not just as participants, but also, we hope, in other ways.
Following a successful launch last year at Tonbridge Baptist Church, and further events held at Tonbridge Girls Grammar school and Sevenoaks School, we have seen a growing demand from groups wishing to experience Desperate Journeys, as well as our other empathy programmes.
* * * * * To book, click here * * * *
We need your help
Empathy Action must build its volunteer base to meet the demand. One of our main objectives in running Desperate Journeys this Spring is to grow our team in preparation for all that lies ahead. We have many opportunities for people to get involved, not just with Desperate Journeys, but with our wider work too. They include:
- Joining the wonderful cast as an actor (no prior experience necessary!)
- Joining our brilliant backstage team
- Joining the super set-building team and helping transform empty spaces.
- Helping with the hosting, promotion, marketing, ticketing and administration of our events.
- Coming along with friends or family and taking the journey yourself.
- Connecting Empathy Action with contacts of yours who may be interested in experiencing or hosting our empathy activities; whether they be schools, businesses, community groups, churches or other organisations or sponsors to help take it even further.
*(The Desperate Journeys experience is suitable for Year 6 and upwards)
Empathy Action is entirely made up of volunteers and we are always looking for regular volunteers (full-time or part-time) to grow the charity and to help us in our work of changing hearts and inspiring action in a hurting world.
To book, click here.
Alternatively, do get in touch and speak to us directly. We’d love to hear from you!