Table Builder Number 4 is Jack Rogers of Otto’s Kitchen in Sevenoaks, Kent. He gamely answered our questions based on our Christmas Campaign:
‘When you have more than you need, build a longer table, not a higher fence.’
1. How do you like your brussel sprouts?
Shallots, crispy lardons and still with a crunch on ’em.
2. What’s at the top of your Christmas Wish List?
I just can’t wait to get down to see the Grandparents and the rest of the Fam.
3. Is it a turkey Christmas, or are you veggie, vegan, seagan, or something else?
I try to keep it plant based as much as possible, but it’ll be turkey, cheese, hams and all the rest of it this Christmas.
4. Who will be at your Christmas table?
Grandma, gramps, my cousin Charlotte, aunties, uncles and possibly my nephew.
5. What’s your best Christmas Cracker joke?
Is there such a thing?
6. If – in the spirit of our Christmas Campaign – you would be keen to build a longer table rather than a higher fence, who would you lengthen your table for this Christmas?
Happily extend our table as long as possible. Everyone’s welcome. We are collecting cards for age UK this Christmas to give to anyone that’s a bit lonely this Christmas. So I would want everyone that has no one else to be welcomed to our table.
7. Who would you most like to encourage to do the same (i.e. is there someone you can think of who would benefit from being mindful of the saying!)?
8. Which of our handcrafted Christmas gifts would you like to give to another?
Thanks so much Jack!
Will you be a #tablebuilder this Christmas?
For Gifts That Give Twice shop here.