Here is the second of our Christmas Table Builders! Joe has kindly answered some questions based on our Christmas Campaign:
“When you have more than you need, build a longer table, not a higher fence.”
Joe is a Gap Year student, based in Sevenoaks, Kent.
1. How do you like your brussel sprouts?
Not overly keen on them but will eat them if fried off.
2. What’s at the top of your Christmas Wish List?
Nothing really on top of my list, really only want a few items of clothing.
3. Is it a turkey Christmas, or are you veggie, vegan, seagan, or something else?
I’m trying out being a vegetarian at the moment for health purposes, however I might take a break on Christmas Day and eat the usual Christmas dinner.
4. Who will be at your Christmas table?
My Mum, Dad, Brother, Grandad and my uncles.
5. What’s your best Christmas Cracker joke?
What do you get when you cross a vampire with a snowman? Frostbite!
6. If – in the spirit of our Christmas Campaign – you would be keen to build a longer table rather than a higher fence, who would you lengthen your table for this Christmas?
Yes I would be much in support of making longer tables and not higher fences. I would lengthen my table for all those who are unable to sit at one this Christmas.
7. Who would you most like to encourage to do the same (i.e. is there someone you can think of who would benefit from being mindful of the saying!)?
I would say it would be great to encourage those in higher income families to be involved.
8. Which of our handcrafted Christmas gifts would you like to give to another?
This year I am the table fairy for my Christmas Day table and so will be giving everyone a handcrafted gift suited to their self. These are the candle for one uncle (he lights up everyone and loves candles), friendship bracelet for my mum (my best friend), elephant for my grandad (favourite animal), VW car for my dad (first car), bullet bell for my brother (he does shooting), and the angel for my other uncle (as memory to my Nan the original table fairy).
Thanks so much Joe!
Will you be a #tablebuilder this Christmas?
For Gifts That Give Twice shop here.