I love them (Kate) but I hate them (Mat) so it’s a tricky subject in our household.
2. What’s at the top of your Christmas Wish List?
Given that the world seems to be spinning faster than ever and everyone is busier than ever, a big helping of time together. That’s worth more than a thousand chocolate oranges.
3. Is it a turkey Christmas, or are you veggie, vegan, seagan, or something else?
It’s a turkey Christmas and, as we are going to our friends house up the road for lunch, it’s also a no-cook Christmas for us – result!
4. Who will be at your Christmas table?
We will be joining our excellent neighbours and their extended family and Kate’s Dad will be joining too. We did the same last year and it was so lovely to have a large Christmas with lots of festive fun and cheer and no family bickering!
5. What’s your best Christmas Cracker joke?
I should really leave this one to Mat as he is a children’s joke book author! However, our middle daughter has given us this one: ‘What do you call a reindeer that steals all your Christmas presents? A rude-elf!’
6. If – in the spirit of our Christmas Campaign – you would be keen to build a longer table rather than a higher fence, who would you lengthen your table for this Christmas?
(Kate) My Mum died nearly nine years ago and that first Christmas without her was so hard. Over the years she made Christmas very special for us all and I try to continue many of the traditions in her honour. I’d love to invite people who’d lost loved ones and were facing their first Christmas without them and try to bring some festive cheer into what can be a tough time.
7. Who would you most like to encourage to do the same (i.e. is there someone you can think of who would benefit from being mindful of the saying!)?
Without naming names, there are several politicians we can think of! We’ll leave it there…
8. Which of our handcrafted Christmas gifts would you like to give to another?
Last year we bought lots of the bracelets, hearts and candles for stocking fillers and one of the angels sits proudly at the top of our tree. This year we’ll be getting more of the same for friends and family.
Thanks so much Kate and Mat!
Will you be a #tablebuilder this Christmas?
For Gifts That Give Twice shop here – please place any last orders by 10am tomorrow (20th December).