Empathy Action is still operational at this time albeit under degrees of restriction. Our team is working innovatively during these unusual times to see how empathy for the poor and those facing injustice can flourish.
The following Empathy Action operations have been affected by the Coronavirus pandemic and have been paused until further notice:
- Simulations that involve running events at locations with a volunteer team of more than 1-2 persons.
- Handicrafts sales – The shop site for handicrafts has gone temporarily offline.
However, we believe that this is a chance to do things differently.
People are already creatively looking for ways to show their compassion and the appetite for empathy and connection is growing.
As a small voluntary outfit Empathy Action is able to continue operating from home and we are ready to explore what conversations we can have to help build compassionate communities.
We have just launched our Rainbow Campaign. This campaign is being handled safely by our volunteers. All enquiries are being handled by our team rather than through the shop site.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries.
For schools and groups wanting to continue the conversation about empathy at this time we have a number of suggestions and ideas.
Empathy as (un) usual:
- An Empathy programme in which your group, collectively, asks “what if it were us in another’s situation?…. And how would we want a group, like ours, to help?”
- Giving a special gift that gives twice. The gift is sent with a special message of “we’ll get through this”. Each purchase also helps a disadvantaged community across the world with their response to the Covid-19 crisis. This activity can be used to build connections to each other and those further afield.
- Team Empathy. Use films, books and other materials to take a journey to see the situation of Coronavirus from another’s perspective. If you need inspiration, please contact us.
- We can provide an online facilitated session around the theme of Global Citizenship. Please do get in touch to learn more.
If you are thinking of how you can help your students, work force or team then we’d love to speak to you! We’d love to help you use this time to craft some more empathy get in touch.
Our team is working from home following the government guidelines, but we’re still connecting virtually.
As a voluntary operation based in Tunbridge Wells, in the UK, we always welcome the opportunity to involve new volunteers. If you are on furlough or interested in volunteering remotely please get in touch
We have opportunities both now and when normal operations resume.
We’d love to hear from you and explore what you could do in these extraordinary times.