Last month Sevenoaks School ran a Refugee focused week. Featuring talks, workshops and with a curated range of book recommendations in the library, the school sought to stand in solidarity with refugees.
One important gesture of solidarity was made using Empathy Action’s Friendship with Syria bracelet.
Sevenoaks School placed a ‘mark up’ on the normal retail price of the bracelets. This additional revenue was directed to Sevenoaks Welcomes Refugees who do so much important work resettling refugees in Sevenoaks itself. Through this, the school helped those re-settling in their home town and the makers of the bracelets themselves, who are displaced and living in Istanbul.
It was a brilliant use of the gifts we can provide. And Sevenoaks School is not alone.
Here’s some other acts of solidarity that have been explored by schools and event organisers with these stunning bracelets:
- Local Music Festival chooses ‘refugee made’ entrance bracelets for their event
- Parents sponsor refugee made bracelets for their school’s summer festival
- School uses refugee made Bracelet to combat racism and xenophobia
- Brides & Grooms & hosts choose wedding & Table Favours made by refugees
- Sending a special friendship bracelet to your friends during Refugee Week
Have an event? Get in touch!
If you are interested in using these bracelets for your events (from conferences to children parties) or to encourage acts of solidarity please get in touch with our team. We love seeing our products being used in multiple acts of solidarity.
Our world is richer for such acts.”
It echoes our firm belief that the solution presented here to such a complex global issue can be based upon one idea that is rooted in empathy: choosing to be friends.